Hello everyone! I recently went to Delhi Book Fair and bought some really amazing books. And as always, I’ve started making bookmarks for them already. So today I have a tutorial to make this pretty bookmark which I originally saw in a video. The things you’ll need are:
- Cut out a craft paper and handmade paper of size 7 x 2.5 inch and paste them together.( If you don’t want anything fancy, even this can serve as a basic bookmark for you.)
- Take another 8 x 2.5 inch craft paper or a sheet and divide its length into four 2 inch sections.
- Use colour pencils to draw different pattern on each section and cut them out. Here, the colours used are light blue, dark blue and purple as they look more synchronised together. I avoided using crayons or oil colours as they might leave a residue on the pages of the book.
NOTE: If you happen to have patterned sheets then you can use them and avoid step 2 and 3 altogether.
- Now on the backside, mark a 0.25 inch boundary and fold it as shown below.
- Paste these folded patterned pieces on your 7 x 2.5 inch handmade sheet (from step 1) with equal spacing and your bookmark is ready! You can also paste them directly without folding, but I think it gives them a raised effect which looks pretty cool.
I hope you enjoyed it much as I did while making it. I would love to see your creations too if you make it! And thank you so much for dropping by. See you soon! 🙂