I was nominated by Anna of My Bookish Dream to do the Liebster Award ages ago and by Ciarra of Little City Literature quite recently!! Thank you so much Ciarra and Anna and I’m really sorry for being so late. I’ve completely lost the track of tags and awards and now I’m trying to cover them up slowly. To tell the truth I’ve been drowned in work, quite literally. And all I can do after getting home is to eat and sleep. Most of my evenings are taken up by my brother, whom I have to tutor for his exams. But here and there I squeeze enough time to read your great blogs and relax. Finally with a small break in the schedule, here I am with this very much delayed award.
This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together.
The rules for the award are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions by Anna :
What is the book / series that got you into reading?
It would be the Baby Sitter’s Club. I’d read Enid Blyton before that but I didn’t find the Famous Five much interesting.
If you could hang out for a day with a fictional character who would you choose?
Oh God this is the most difficult question and it would be a crime to pick one character! I also think the answer would change drastically depending on my mood. So right now I’d like to hangout with Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Does it have to be from a book? Right now Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet comes to mind.
What are your favourite TV series?
I’d go with the classic answer for this one. It’s How I Met Your Mother (even though they ruined the entire thing in the end) and Friends. I can watch them over and over again and never get tired.
Which two place would you love to visit? (One real and one fictional.)
Hogwarts of course and I guess half the population would answer the same.
And being an anglophile, I really want to visit England some day!
Who is your favourite superhero?
Mutants are superheroes as well aren’t they? Then my favourite one is Wolverine.
Which is your favourite season and why?
Definitely winters! They are the best followed by spring and monsoon. I just cannot stand the summer sun it’s harsh and makes me sweat and gives me a load of headaches and I absolutely hate it!
What is something you miss?
I miss school days. When the most pressing difficulty was to complete homework and to study for tests.
What do you like to do in your free time beside reading?
I make crafts. Or look up DIYs there are so many, many stuff to be made and I want to do it all! In fact you can check out some of my handmade cards and DIYs on my blog here.
What is your favourite place that you visited?
I haven’t been to a lot many places actually. And I’m not being partial when I say Uttarakhand, specifically Nainital because it’s damn beautiful and I love hilly, quite, pollution free areas to relax.
What are some of your favourite bands / musicians / artists?
Rihanna: Love her throaty voice it’s so different than anything else.
Shreya Ghoshal: Her voice is sweet as honey and just melts your insides.
Questions by Ciarra :
Why did you start your blog?
It started on a whim, hence Whimsy Journals! 😀 I read my favourite book for the umpteenth time and wanted to share it with someone and blogging was the only way people would listen to my raving.
What’s your favorite fairytale? Why?
Beauty and the Beast is the best, hands down! Apart from it’s beautiful story I love the fact that it’s Belle who saves Beast instead of other way round.
Favorite fictional prince?
THOR! Just one word for him -DELICIOUS!
Who is your biggest fictional crush?
Oh dear the list is so long..most recent one would be Cormoran Strike, the latest detective on the block and of course I love all the Lisa Kleypas men and here’s the list of top seven.
What novel do you love unconditionally?
This is such a difficult question. Harry Potter series to begin with (but really who wouldn’t?). Then there’s Gone with the Wind, Devil in Winter, A Walk to Remember and Memoirs of a Geisha.
Best novel heroine?
Hermione Granger. Katniss Everdeen. Elizabeth Bennet. Robin Ellacot. Evie StVincent. As you can see the list is endless! 😀
Favorite anti-hero and why?
I’ve mentioned Jean-Baptiste Grenouille from Perfume in some other tag as well. And let’s suffice it to say he’s bloody awesome as a horrible villain.
What’s a habit or hobby you picked up after reading a novel? I.e. Writing letters to the boys you’ve loved before like Lara Jean in To all the boys I’ve loved before.
I didn’t pick up any hobby as such but I would say I’ve learned a lot from all the characters that I’ve read about. And every day I strive to be a better person but a practical one as well.
Romance or all the money in the world?
Romance obviously! I’d take a good, fulfilling romance any time any day over any amount of money. And money I can earn when I’m with the man of my dreams.
The book or series that started your book obsession?
As I mentioned above, The Babysitters Club!
What book do you turn to when you want to be cheered up or are in a reading slump?
Wallflower series or the Hathaways series by Lisa Kleypas.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- My favourite colour is red.
- My favourite day of the week is Friday, for obvious reasons.
- I’ve got two pair of ear piercings and one on my nose.
- I absolutely love tattoos and I plan to get ‘Always’ inked on my wrist.
- I don’t know if I’ve mention it before but I’m preparing for government exams.
- My favourite songs at the moment are Wakhra Swag and Kar Gayi Chull.
- My name Shivalika means belonging of Lord Shiva, related to Lord Shiva, whose owner is Lord Shiva, Lord Shiva in female form. And Lord Shiva is one of the major Hindu deities.
- The latest movie I’ve watched is The Revenant and my goodness it’s lovely and now I understand his Oscar speech.
- My favourite flowers are gerbera daisies, carnations and roses.
- And that fact reminded me once I was talking to this guy and he asked me to tell him something about myself and I breezily told him I like chocolates, and this this flowers and he thought I was hinting towards a date. Men are stupid.
- Currently I’m reading Bedwyn series by Mary Balogh and loving it. And that’s all I can think of right now!
- Your favourite chocolate.
- Your favourite colour.
- Your favourite flower.
- Your favourite street food.
- Your current favourite book.
- Current favourite TV series.
- Most played song on your playlist.
- Would you prefer an indifferent hero or a villain who loves u?
- Pizza or pasta?
- A sea side hideaway or a cottage tucked in mountains?
- Leonardo DiCaprio or Chris Helmsworth?
Sammie @ Bookshelves And Biros
Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets
Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek
Rae @ Bookmark Chronicles
Imogene @ Amidst the Pages
Nya @ Nya Reads
If you have already done it and you don’t want to do it then disregard it it’s just another feather added to your accomplishments. And if you do decide to do it I’d request you to link back to this post specifically so that I could get a notification Because I’ve realised some bloggers like to link back to the blog and we don’t get notified to that!
Once again Anna and Ciarra thanks a lot I really enjoyed answering all the questions. And I hope you enjoyed reading this rather long post as well. Thank you for dropping by! 🙂 Love,